Friday, June 6, 2014

June 6 - D-Day


The quote says "There is only one success- to be able to spend your life in your own way." -Christopher Morely. This quote rings true because of the sacrifices of our Military that day and everyday.

Sitting here in my empty apartment with a few boxes and things lying around, listening to Luke Bryan's "Drink a beer", I commemorate D-Day's 70th anniversary. Our US military stormed that battle front and overcame. Reminiscing the time I visited Normandy in high school, a proud and dutiful feeling swelled inside me that day. My Troop supportin', patriotic, freedom lovin' persona emerged.
JFK once said "As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them." As a patriotic American citizen and Marine Wife, this quote is my mantra. Today my husband separates from the Marine Corps at Camp Pendleton, and we begin our journey across this great country to Minnesota. The purple mountains majesties and fruited plains we will see are still here because of our Military and all who have defended America the Beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tweets by @archie_love